Monday, August 23, 2010

Swim Time

I did something on Thursday that I had never done before.  I took all six of my kids swimming....by myself!  I had promised my kids that we were going, but a few people that were going to come with us backed out.  But I just didn't have the heart to tell my kids we couldn't go.  So we headed over to the community pool where I laid down my rules before we got out of the car.  I was nervous, but when I got there I realized that we were the only people there.  I had banned the lap pool which left me to watch the kiddie pool and the "beach" style pool where we usually spend most of our time.  I have these little floatie seats for the babies so I plopped them in there, and then got everyone else in.  We had a great time!  If I needed to help any of the other kids, I was able to just leave the babies with McKenna watching them and swim over to help out.  Some people showed up about 30 minutes later, which was a bit more distracting and harder to watch just my kids, but it worked out.  I am glad I didn't wimp out and then disappoint my kids by not going.  I just need to be braver and venture out more with my kids.  If I can keep track of them at a pool then I can probably do a lot more than I realize I am capable of.

3 comments:

  1. I'm impressed, Jules! I bet it would be fun to go swimming with your kids. Something tells me they bring the party to the pool. :)

    You know, I was nervous about taking Lucy places for the first few weeks (not because of danger, but because of noise), but it turns out she does better when we ARE out and about. It's when we're home that she goes nuts. Crazy, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Jules! I am impressed!I know the children had a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, Jules. I have tried to be patient, but I am not very good at it (as you know). I want another update!

    ReplyDelete